Assistant Minister of Internationals & Community Ministry Analyst
- Born and raised in Jeju Island, South Korea
- Married to Hyekyeong
- Has one child, Lucas
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geography Education from Jeju National University
- Master of Arts Degree in Geography from Western Illinois University
- Moved to Knoxville in 2015
- Ph.D. in Geography, Minor in Statistics from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Community Analyst for CedarBrook Outreach
At West Park, Donghee (Danny) wears two hats: the Assistant Minister to Internationals and Community Ministry Analyst. As a minister, he serves internationals living in our community. As a community ministry analyst, he analyzes our community’s demographics. This helps the church and CedarBrook Outreach develop and execute more effective community outreach programs for the proclamation of the good news of Jesus Christ.
He came to the United States in 2012 and has lived here as an immigrant for the last eight years. For this reason, he can empathize with the hardships and difficulties that internationals have to face in day-to-day life. Believing that anyone can find eternal hope, joy, and peace in God, he is willing to reach out to internationals with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the jew first and also to the Greek.” -Romans 1:16