Adoption – Foster Care – Orphan Ministry
The Adoption, Foster Care, Orphan team (AFO) exists to help West Park become a church willing, ready, and equipped to impact orphans, both locally and globally, with the ministry and message of God’s love.
We envision a community in which every orphan is loved and cared for biblically, where all who are called to care for orphans are supported and equipped, and God’s children of all ages unite to meet the needs of orphans throughout the world.
Some of the ways we make an impact are as follows:
- arranging for PATH classes to be offered
- developing a network of families willing to keep children from becoming orphans by providing them a temporary home
- mentoring families who are involved in foster care or adoption, providing practical support and encouragement
- assisting families with the financial burden associated with adoption
- promoting the care of orphans in ways that extend beyond adoption and foster care
- cultivating an orphan care culture in our church and community including informational and training seminars, open houses, and Orphan Sundays
For more information, contact Adoption, Foster Care, Orphan Ministry.