Family devotions and personal worship are great spiritual disciplines to embrace in this Advent season and continue year-round.
- Gather with those in your home to set apart a daily time together (15 minutes or more is fine… right after a meal
- Have someone read the passage for that day.
- Discuss what it means in light of Jesus. What does it say about Him or His coming?
- Pray in response to the passage. Thank God for fulfilled prophecies, answered prayers, renewed hopes, etc. Ask the Holy
Spirit to keep your hearts focused on His Word.
- Sing a hymn or carol of the season.
Week 3 – The Christ Child Emmanuel (Love)
I will extol you, my God and King,
and bless your name forever and ever.
2 Every day I will bless you
and praise your name forever and ever.
3 Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised,
and his greatness is unsearchable.
4 One generation shall commend your works to another,
and shall declare your mighty acts.
5 On the glorious splendor of your majesty,
and on your wondrous works, I will meditate.
6 They shall speak of the might of your awesome deeds,
and I will declare your greatness.
7 They shall pour forth the fame of your abundant goodness
and shall sing aloud of your righteousness.
8 The Lord is gracious and merciful,
slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.
15 In those days and at that time I will cause a righteous Branch to spring up for David, and he shall execute justice and righteousness in the land. 16 In those days Judah will be saved, and Jerusalem will dwell securely. And this is the name by which it will be called: ‘The Lord is our righteousness.’
Suggested hymns: O Come, O Come Emmanuel; Do You Hear What I Hear