Family devotions and personal worship are great spiritual disciplines to embrace in this Advent season and continue year-round.
- Gather with those in your home to set apart a daily time together (15 minutes or more is fine…right after a meal is ideal).
- Have someone read the passage for that day.
- Discuss what it means in light of Jesus. What does it say about Him or His coming?
- Pray in response to the passage. Thank God for fulfilled prophecies, answered prayers, renewed hopes, etc. Ask the Holy Spirit to keep your hearts focused on His Word.
- Sing a hymn or carol of the season.
Week Four – The Angels (Peace)
10 Again the Lord spoke to Ahaz: 11 “Ask a sign of the Lord your God; let it be deep as Sheol or high as heaven.” 12 But Ahaz said, “I will not ask, and I will not put the Lord to the test.” 13 And he said, “Hear then, O house of David! Is it too little for you to weary men, that you weary my God also? 14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
Suggested hymns: Away in a Manger, O little Town of Bethlehem